"BUT, if whatever particular portable antenna you choose is sufficiently
efficient for you, who am I to argue with your choice."

Absolutely right......I submitted my original comment as an actual *user* of
the Miracle Whip antenna who could describe my own personal experience with
it, rather than speculate negatively.

It is all about the Amateur Radio operator's needs, I too have a full size
80 metre dipole at home and when in the shack will use this as my main base
antenna.

However, I also have a 2 metre high Sandpiper HV6+3 HF vertical which I use
because I live in an area with restrictions on antennas, so no huge beams
for me any more since 2009.

The miracle whip was purchased by me as an operational requirement for my
'Pedestrian Mobile' operation i.e. on the move whilst walking and also being
discreet.

I found it also was ideal for packing on holiday due to its telescopic
nature and very quick to deploy even on the beach!

I do also use even smaller HF aerials on my car, such as the Australian
Outbacker Stealth plus at only 90cm long (3 feet) with sufficiently good
enough results! Likewise my Yaesu ATAS 120 is not much longer and I work
lots on that too.

So come on guys I am not trying to encourage anyone to buy any particular
antenna, I am just providing my findings and if you want the full detail
please visit my website at  http://www.qsl.net/g0isw
<http://www.qsl.net/g0isw>   where you can see lots more.

The Elecraft KX-3 is a wonderful transceiver and I intend to operate it with
lots of different antennas to suit the circumstances :-)