From: Bill Clarke <b...@w2blc.net>
To: elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wed, Dec 5, 2012 2:25 pm
Subject: [Elecraft] Are you satisfied with your K3?

I AM!!!!  As my K3 operates today, it is the best receiver I have ever
used - and the list is over fifty years long. The settings I use were
posted here several days ago. They are directed towards armchair copy
use - I doubt if they would do much to enhance a DXer's or contester's use.

I have posted a lot of questions, complaints, and barbs regarding my K3
- which I built in February of this year. However, with the posts and
emails I received (that were constructive in nature), I gained enough
knowledge about the K3 and its menus,  to send me in the right direction
to correct what I perceive as K3 deficiencies.

Along the way, I have found the Cady Manual to be top notch and totally
necessary for understanding the K3. I keep a file of posts made here and
on the Yahoo Group that have been informative.

I make all my settings the "hard" way using the K3 menus, as I have
experienced failures when making changes via K3 EZ (possibly related to
Win7).

Anyway, the long and short is that I am now very pleased with my K3 - it
is a keeper.

Bill W2BLC