Completely satisfied here. More radio than I can use by far. Can't imagine investigating another buy.

On 12/5/2012 19:25, Bill Clarke wrote:
I AM!!!!  As my K3 operates today, it is the best receiver I have ever used -
and the
list is over fifty years long. The settings I use were posted here several days
ago.
They are directed towards armchair copy use - I doubt if they would do much to
enhance a DXer's or contester's use.

I have posted a lot of questions, complaints, and barbs regarding my K3 - which
built in February of this year. However, with the posts and emails I received
(that
were constructive in nature), I gained enough knowledge about the K3 and its
menus,
to send me in the right direction to correct what I perceive as K3 deficiencies.

Along the way, I have found the Cady Manual to be top notch and totally
necessary for
understanding the K3. I keep a file of posts made here and on the Yahoo Group
that
have been informative.

I make all my settings the "hard" way using the K3 menus, as I have experienced
failures when making changes via K3 EZ (possibly related to Win7).

Anyway, the long and short is that I am now very pleased with my K3 - it is a
keeper.

Bill W2BLC

Robert G. Strickland, PhD, ABPH - KE2WY
rc...@verizon.net