You may try a different K-USB. I have a K-USB that radiated terrible noise on
160m. A different one, quiet.
-Brian N9ADG

________________________________
 From: Matthew Zilmer <mzil...@magellangps.com>
To: john petters <tjp...@traditional-jazz.com>; "elecraft@mailman.qth.net"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KUSB Noise Query - K3

USB uses differential signaling.  Your problem may not be conductive noise, but
instead it could be radiated directly from the adapter, where the ferrite won't
help.

KeySpan makes a USB - serial adapter that is pretty much noise-free.  Its
model  is HS19, I think.

Matt Zilmer
Consultant - Product Management Dept.
Magellan Navigation / MiTAC Digital Corp.
Tel: (909) 394-6052
Cell: (909) 730-6552
In status quo voluntas non sufficit