Ray,

Check every component in the Pre-Amp circuit, including the relay.

Do you have the leads of T6 well stripped and tinned? If so, check to see that the leads are in the correct holes. After that look critically at the solder pads for those components around the preamp circuit - look at the schematic sheet 2 to identify those components. You should see the solder flow out to an almost invisible edge on both the solder pad and the component lead. It has been said that the esolder connection should look like a mountain, but not a volcano - if there is a ring around the lead or you do not have concave solder fillets, not enough heat was applied to the connection.

73,
Don W3FPR