First of all, regarding a DC power distribution "strip": I used a RigRuner
4009 and found that there was
a significant voltage drop from the power source (Astron RS-35M) to the K3.
 Having taken measurements
with a DVM, I concluded that the largest drop was from the distribution
strip to the K3. A simple solution
was to power the K3 from the larger "main" wire pair that fed the
distribution strip.

Then, to satisfy my own curiosity, I made the following meaurements today
using the DVM then I took readings with the internal K3 "meter":

DVM measurements: 13.773 VDC at the RS-35 terminals
                                 13.735 VDC at K3 connector in RX mode
                                 13.599 VDC at K3 connector in TX-Tune mode
(10W out)
                                 12.860 VDC at K3 connector in TX mode
(100W out)

K3 "meter" readings:  13.6 VDC in RX mode
                                13.1  VDC in TX-Tune mode (10W out)
                                 12.4 VDC in TX mode (100W out)

What's interesting is that the K3 "meter" current indication decreases with
 time when I
make the test in TX mode (100W out), starting at about 18.2 Amps or so,
then going down, down,
down to 14.something when I let up on the hand key. I kept the key down
just 15 or 20 seconds,
not wanting to tempt fate!!! Power output stayed at 100W throught the
procedure. Hmmmm....

I'm satisfied with those readings: everything works just fine!
Bert, N4CW