* On 2013 04 Jan 11:07 -0600, Charles Woods wrote:
> I love the k3 however I would like to se.
> 1 Color display

The P3 serves that purpose for me.  I like the crisp text of the present
K3 display so it works well for me.

> 2 ethernet port

This has been argued to death.  Please check the archives.

> 3 vga output for the k3 itself

To do what?  The FFT is done in the P3 and the K3 currently has no such
capability.

Perhaps, instead, an outboard hardware device that interfaces with the
present K3 may be more what you'd like.  It could incorporate a color
display, and provide an Ethernet port that, like modern consumer network
devices, could incorporate firewalling and other techniques to limit
radio control to authorized users and so on.  As it would be an add-on
it would allow the K3 to retain its unique portability characteristic.

Now, what I would like to see improved in the K3 is the auto-notch which
seems to use a lot of bandwidth compared to the manual notch and also
often introduces audible distortion to the received audio.
Unfortunately, these are a couple of lingering issues that exist in a
radio that I am otherwise completely pleased with.

73, de Nate, N0NB >>