More info:

I have the ATU installed in the KX3. Even with the KX3 directly connected
to a good 50 ohm load, running an autotune on the XV bands (28 MHz) causes
lots  of relay chatter in the radio, and a displayed SWR of 25.4 that does
not change.  On the other bands (including 28 MHz) it immediately goes to 1.0.

Setting the ATU to bypass still does not get RF output on the XV bands. The
 current draw key down at 0.1 watt is about 0.43 A on the XV bands, and
about .55  on the HF bands where there is output.

Has the KX3 firmware caught up with the XV bands?  I'm using  V1.30.

73  -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 1/8/2013 10:15:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,