Hello Mike,

You are probably correct. XV432 had had problems in power and frequency
stability.  However, with the evolution of time, elecraft has found out the
ways to solve the problems.

I experienced similar problems in XV144 though not so serious as XV432

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ M Cresap <m.cre...@yahoo.com>
收件人︰ Tom Warren <mtn...@hartcom.net>
副本(CC)︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2013年02月5日 (週二) 9:21 AM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] XV432 - No intermediate pwr output

I had a similar problem with my XV432. I was able to chase the problem to the
tx
driver stage. The fix was to add ground vias from the top to the bottom of the
board in a few judicious places. I passed this info back to Gary at Elecraft. I
know of at least one other XV432 that has been stabilized by this method. I
don't see those mods in the latest XV432 errata sheet, perhaps they vias have
been added to the latest circuit board or they have found other ways to cure
the problem.73, Mike, W3IP