Hello

Having received a XG3 for Christmas, I decided to calibrate the RF Gain on
the K3 which I have had for over a year now.  Using the RF gain calibration
routine in the K3 utility, I had an issue while going through the gain
routine with the subreceiver.

First time through, the main receiver went through calibration without
problem.  When doing the subreceiver the low-level started normally, but
halted with the entry in the status window, plus a popup which stated, ³No
Response to DSP Subreceiver RF Gain Calibration Table Write².  I tried this
repeatedly with same result.  Furthermore, going back to restore the factory
default tables, I got the same error on the main receiver.  The rig still
hears OK, but found the issue a little disconcerting.  I had to cancel the
procedure, and furthermore, it appeared the K3 lost its connection to the K3
utility, as it went through its autobaud connection routine after canceling
the calibration.

I thought I had followed the on-screen instructions very carefully.  The
versions:

K3 s/n 5820 (10/2011)  K3 Util s/n 1.12.3.28
MCU 4.51
FPF 1.15
DSP1 2.76
DSP2 2.76
DVR 1.13

Is this a hardware failure, software mismatch, bug, or operator error?

73,

Dan
W6DAS