Hi Group,

I wanted to post my experience with the addition of the K3EXREF in my K3. First
off, took me around 30 minutes to install, everything went smooth. Very nice
addition to my K3! I run a OCXO 10 MHz reference into the module and working
just as I hoped it would. When turning the radio on (cold start, 20C), it takes
about 5 seconds for the first analyzes to complete and for the frequency to
come into accuracy with the reference signal. For testing, I start the radio up
on WWV and monitor the 10 MHz output with SpectrumLab. Normally on a cold
start, I’m around 20 Hz high and the first EXREF correction drops me right on
with WWV. Then over a period of an hour, continuous changes are made as my TCXO
warms up. Very pleased with the immediate frequency accuracy provided by the
EXREF.

Next on my list is to find a Trimble Thunderbolt GPS disciplined reference. If
anyone has an extra they want to sell, please let me know   Just wanted to drop
a note to all the Time Nuts out there!

73,
Chad
N0YK