I actually bought a 2 port USB 2.0 mechanical switch which has a 3 foot cable
on it and use it to switch between my Logitech wireless keyboard and the thumb
drive.  Found it on fleaBay for less than 10 bucks but I don't remember now
just which Chinese company had it listed.  Took about a week to get here from
Hong Kong and the shipping was free.

As stated in the firmware doc's, not all thumb drives are created equal and
only some will work.  You may have to try more than one before you find one
that works as I did.  The one I'm currently using is a SanDisk Cruzer Glide
4gig I picked up at Walmart.  Don't remember the price.

Don't know the availability in the UK but I'm sure you can find something.

Jim - W0EB