From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Sam Morgan
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:46 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] OT P3 question

I have a couple of hams living .7miles and 1.3 miles from me.
On my P3 they both appear 6-8+ kc wide when viewed using the Peak function.
They both run different amps varying in power from 400w to 800w

I have spoken with them over the phone and while watching their signals they
are able to cut down their audio to where they are only 3kc wide.
One is still bumping S9 +40 and the other S9 +60 on the K3.

They seem to think their audio is to low at that point, even though they are
still given good reports out 300-600mi (on 80m)

My question(s)
they seem to think the only reason they appear that wide is because they are
over powering my K3s front end. I think they are over driving their rigs
audio.

any comments on what could be happening here?
Is it my K3/P3's fault they look that wide, or are they just wanting to see
their meters swing up higher than they should, and so are actually over
driving their rigs?

TIA
--

GB & 73