Sam,

I doubt the K3's front end is being overloaded. Since you're observing this in peak-hold mode on the P3, start at the *top* of the pedestal and note how wide the signal is. Then, move down the pedestal to where the signal begins to widen out. How far down do you get before it begins to get significantly wider? If it's about 30 to 35 dBm below the maximum signal level, then you're probably hearing and seeing fairly typical (unfortunately) ssb transmission artifacts.

That S9+40 signal, will start to broaden out at probably around S9+5 or so, and the S9+60 signal will probably begin to broaden out at S9+25. Additionally, if they are over driving their amplifiers, the point at which their signal begins to widen could be higher than this. Six S-Units is 36 dB. If this signal was right at S9 (rather than S9++), the signal would likely begin to broaden at about the S3 level -- which on 80m may actually be below your noise floor -- so you'd never see it.

You may want to consider using a device like the DX Engineering NCC-1, which can do a superb job of cancelling local noise sources. I would suspect that it would also do an excellent job of significantly reducing the level of these signals (though not both at the same time).

73, Dale  WA8SRA