If so, defenitely opt-in here.
Let me share why, although I seldom use the link function through the 'sub' button.

In the big contests I often use diversity reception. There are situations that when called, I want to listen to the sub rx or to the main rx only. That is fixed by setting macro's in the function keys of the logging software (in my case N1MM logger) F12 - Link function - sets both RXs to same frequency, same mode and BW and LINKs de VFO's.
The F12 is the set-up button so to speak.
F11 - listen diversity - macro sets listening to A - b
F10 - listen sub rx - macro sets listening to b - b
F9 - listen main rx - macro sets listening to  A - A

After setting up with F12, using LINK, I find myself switching through the different options quite a lot. Other operators also love it. (Yes, the K3 is a very popular rig at the clubstation)

If I have no computer is available, I do this by hand. So opt-in here.

73
Arie PA3A