From: mark roz <anegadas...@yahoo.com>
To: Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:20 PM
Subject: KAT500 and K3 Powering sequence

On Monday I have contacted support at Elecraft but no answer.
So, does anybody know if KAT500 MUST be turned ON FIRST and than K3 - otherwise
K3 will not initialize correctly
(with DB15 cable connected as it should). Is this still the case? I don’t like
it as I have other antennas that will not be
connected to KTA500. I will not always need KTA500 to be on line. This just
doesn’t make sense.
KAT500 will be connected to pos. 1 of the antenna switch.
Could  firmware be changed in order to correct that?
Thanks, Mark