The DX Store sells the PR781 Heil microphone for $139. Plan to add that to my
portfolio of microphones which include a Yamaha headset, two Heil headsets and
a mini portable Heil microphone. I have been using the Yamaha and Heil portable
microphone lately. Get good audio reports from both. Saw that the DX Store had
the PR781 and seems to be a good price.

Keith
AK6ZZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

On Mar 14, 2013, at 6:35 AM, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com> wrote:

> Given my experience with the Heil Pro-set with HC-4/HC-5 element vs.
> the Yamaha CM-500, I'm not going to put Heil in the "quality" or
> "support" camps.
>
> If you want to compare Heil to a $5.00 "tape recorder" mic, you may
> have a "quality" argument.  However, there are enough solid, well made
> professional microphones in the sub-$100 class that one does not need
> to spend $300 or even $200 for the Heil name.
>
> 73,
>
>   ... Joe, W4TV
>

> On 3/14/2013 8:59 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
>> Joe you left out one important thing "Quality" I hate junk no matter what it
>> is. I learned that years ago I was too poor to buy cheap it cost too much in
>> the long run that applied to my businesses as well as personal purchases.
>>
>> Each to his own.
>>
>>  Fred/N0AZZ

>>> Regards
>>> Art