On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 16:21 -0400, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
> > It would be helpful to have a small section of the bands “off
> > limits” for contesting on the CW-data and SSB segments of each band
> > in areas that General/Tech class people or higher could use during
> > the “tests”.
>
> You've got to be kidding - particularly on 80/40 meter CW and data.
> With the most recent "land grab" by phone there is less than 50 KHz
> for US data operations.  On 40, the area between 7100 and 7150 is
> almost completely void of CW/RTTY contest activity even in CQWW -
> the most crowded of all contests.

[RANT]
If only the contesters would remain off QRP calling frequencies.. But
no, they park for hours on end there, calling non-stop with only two
seconds between calls.. All week-end! My hobby doesn't encroach on
theirs, why do they have to keep me off the bands? 7100-7150 free of
contests? That's news to me. I guess nobody has told these guys either..
I know, 30 and 17m... So I am pushed out of my favorite bands to others
for which I don't have an antenna set-up, and in most cases, my rigs
don't cover.. I'm not asking for much, just stay off a few frequencies..
Common decency.. [/RANT]

Can you tell I hate contests?

Gil.