Welcome back Tom.

I agree with all the other answers so far. The one thing I would add to these
is... the K3 is an ever evolving radio. As new ideas come along, or
improvements... the great folks at Elecraft update the "firmware". You can
download the new  version and wala... your radio is as up to date as any radio
available. All for free. Sweet.
73, Harlan, NC3C.