I am a new ham (only 27+ months licensed) and I couldn't be more happy with the
K3. It provides the best receiver for the price bar none and like Fred
mentioned it is customizable which is super cool.

I use it with dual receivers and the LP Panadapter and I enjoy it very much. If
you are interested in 6m SSB (which means you probably won't be talking very
much at least out west here) you will need the preamp. For HF it is a great rig
and I especially love it on the lower bands where it really shines. The Noise
blanker and roofing filters are excellent.

If I was going to do it all over again, I probably would have been just as
happy with a new base model with the 2.8 kHz and a narrower CW filter, the
transverter interface unit, and 6m preamp.

Good luck and welcome back (from the ultra-nube).

Keith
AK6ZZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos