 De : Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
À : Ralf Wilhelm <r...@super-deutschland.net>
Cc : Christophe F8ACF-56 <f8ac...@yahoo.fr>; "elecraft@mailman.qth.net"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Envoyé le : Lundi 20 mai 2013 19h59
Objet : Re: [Elecraft] K2 and SSB

Ralf and Christophe,

Yes, what you say is true, but the answer is still in the filter alignment.
All the SSB filters should be aligned - AND - in many (most) K2s built
in the last several years, the suggested settings for the SSB filters
other than the OP1 BFOs do not work well.  That is because the varactors
have changed (the type has not changed, but the capacity range has
increased - blame the manufacturer!).
The result of this varactor variation is that the filter width displayed
by the K2 is usually much more narrow than the actual width (not true
for the OP1 filter which has no varactors).  I do not know of any way to
easily find the actual width of the filter other than using an audio
spectrum analyzer like Spectrogram.

73,
Don W3FPR