Tom:

A very nice read. Confession is good for the soul. I must confess I was building a KPA100/KAT100 in an EC2 enclosure for a fellow not long ago and when trying to calibrate the output meter I never could get it the right indications on the wattmeter and the max I could get out on my KPA100 looking at an external meter was 20 watts. I replaced a couple of chips and still no joy. I finally realized that I was using the Tune button on the K2 and had a KAT100 connected also. The firmware was doing its job in reducing the power to 20 watts for tune up. I connected a straight key and keyed the unit and adjusted my power to 100 watts and then set the K2 display correctly...LOL One other thing was that no matter where I set the RF Power control it always put out 20 watts just like it was supposed to do. Sometimes and recently more often than I care to admit, the machines are smarter than I am....LOL

73

Jim K4ZM