On 6/4/2013 4:19 AM, Don Baucom wrote:
What headphones should I use. My favorite is my Kenwood
HS-5 but it is 8ohms. I also have a pair of MFJ 16 ohm headphones. The
manual recommends 16 ohms. If I have to go with 16 ohms what is a nice set
that is recommended.

Headphone impedance is generally less important than voltage sensitivity. Most decent headphones will work well with a K3. I mostly use a Yamaha CM500 headset (the boom mic also works VERY well with the K3 -- simply plug both mic and headphones into the rear panel connectors and turn on bias). Before I had that one, I used a set of Sony MDR-7506, which works very well too. I'd guess both of these to be in the 100-200 ohm range.

If you find receive audio level a bit low, check the AF Gain setting in the menu and make sure it's on HIGH.

73, Jim K9YC