On 6 Jun 2013 at 12:00, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:

> Subject: [Elecraft] KX3 Extremely Low Output Level
>
> I have the KX3 I/Q output port into the Griffin IMic and then into the
> IPAD 2 via the camera adapter attachment running ISDR. The volume into
> powered speakers is dismal; so low as to be useless. I wonder what
> powered speakers others are using with this configuration, which is
> the setup Elecraft used at Dayton (unknown speakers) and what is used
> on the YouTube video (again unknown speakers).  Is there any way to
> raise the I/Q output level?  What kind of powered speakers are needed?
>  Thanks, and I hope any suggestions might interest other users. None
> of the cheap ($15.00)computer or expensive ($125.00) game type
> speakers I have tried manage to raise the volume level of the signal
> from the I/Q output so one can comfortably hear anything.  Ron KM4VX

Hi..

The I/Q output, is not (never has been) intended for "Speakers", but for
SDR applications or panadapter use.

Plug your powered speakers into the 'Phones' jack of the radio instead,
leave the I/Q signals for the software on the iPad (or whatever) to deal
with via the soundcard interface (iMic in your case.)

73.

Dave G0WBX.