Thanks, Alan! That did the trick. (actually, I found that procedure in the P3 manual). I wish I had written down the transfer gain that I had setup during my amplitude calibration a year or two back.

The gain is set to -7 dB now, which I believe is the factory default.

I t was strange, though, tuning the bands for even a few minutes without the P3. I hadn't realized how much I have grown to depend on it!

73 & thanks again.

Chuck Guenther  NI0C

N1AL wrote:

"It sounds like a configuration parameter got corrupted somehow in
non-volatile memory. Try doing a "Parameter Initialization" as described
in the Troubleshooting section of the manual.  That is, write down your
FN key assignments and MENU parameters, then hold the LABELS key while
turning on the P3 with the POWER switch.  Wait until the "CONFIGURATION
RESET" message appears on the screen and release then release the LABELS
key.  (If you have the power-on jumper in the P3 configured to
always-on, then just hold LABELS and tap POWER.)  Then re-enter the FN
key assignments and MENU parameters.

Alan N1AL"