From: PETER HUTCHISON <peter.hutchi...@btinternet.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 4:58 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 and Mutek Transverter combo?

Hi,

Bit of a long shot this but has anyone any experience of using a K3 with a
Mutek transverter? I run the K3 (#7218) with the internal transverter but
during a 2m contest yesterday the front end capability of the internal
transverter was found wanting when exposed to strong adjacent signals. I
already have a Mutek transverter but it was bought (cheaply) as untested and
therefore I do not know if it is working. The strong signal capabilities of
these transverters were legendary in their day. Therefore, I was hoping that
someone on this site has successfully mated the 2 boxes together. Basically
what I want to know is at the rear of the transverter there are 2 BNC sockets
marked 'rx out' and 'tx/rx'. To what sockets on the I/O board to I need to
connect these? And secondly, what do I need to ensure that the K£ is suitably
programmed to communicate with the transverter (the instructions seem to be
unclear to me...).
Any help would be appreciated. If the Mutek transverter is no good anyone got a
decent Demi or completed Elecraft 2m transverter they wish to sell??!!

Many thanks for reading this plea. Any replies will be gratefully received
(which is more than I can say for the internal transverter performance
yesterday!!)

Peter G4URT

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/

The pair worked perfectly well with NO interference from S9+60 East EU contest
big guns.
We experieced no K3 configuration problems as well.
Unfortunately I had no chance to compare Kuhne box with internal XV144
transverter since it arrived just B4 the contest and there was no time put it
inside. Will try to do this in 3-rd subregional in July.
You can connect your external transverter to the corresponding K3 TRSVR IN/OUT
and compare the performance by just switching the antenna.

73 Vic US5WE (UW5W in VHF contests)