Behiels,

You should have removed nothing from the backlight assembly. The thin white plastic strip is the diffuser. Without it, the light will not spread over all the LCD area.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/20/2013 10:16 AM, Behiels JeanPierre wrote:
Hi K2 builders ...

Thanks Alan I thought I could misplace this backlight in the PCB frontpanel
board.
But this is not possible,you could turn the backlight unit 180 degrees,but
anode and kathode connections always stays the same hi hi !!
I also found a lite transparant protection tape on the top side of the
backlight unit witch I have fragil removed ..
This is not described yet in manual also !!!
If you forget to take a look on it,you could not removed it anymore once the
LCD unit himself is installed !!!

   ----- Original Message -----
   From: Alan Price
   To: Behiels JeanPierre
   Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:07 PM
   Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Mounting baclklight of K2

   Jean:
If I understand you question, the backlight can go in either direction. Just make sure the end diodes stay in the plastic frame. 73
   Alan

   > From: on4...@telenet.be
   > To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
   > Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:42:20 +0200
   > Subject: [Elecraft] Mounting baclklight of K2
   >
   > I K2 users
   >
   > I am busy to assembel my front panel control board.
   >
   > I am quit sure about how mounting the backpanel LCD light but I will be
sure before soldering it into the PCB board.

   > - I presume the "K" indication of the LCD backlight unit must be soldered into
the "+ (plus) indication on the front panel of the PCB board ?
   > - And the "A" indication of the LCD backlight unit must be soldered into the
"no indication" on the frontpanel PCB board ?

   > This is not clearly explained into the builders manual,but after some
investigation the direction of the backlight does not play any rule,you could not
mis allign
   > this backlight unit into the frontpanel board.
   > Every position brings the "K" connections of the backlight to the "+
connection" on the PCB board !!!