Viewing the connector cutaway picuture, just above the section
"Stainless steel spring" in the page:
http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpoles/powerpole-sets/15-amp-red-black-anderson-powerpole-sets.html

note that the connector is locked-in between the spring and housing.

As noted before on the list, a common assembly error is not inserting
the pin far enough to lock-in between the spring and housing. Or a crimp
has warped the pin such that a spring to housing lock can not be
established.

Also note in the picture, the mating connector pin bends, which lock the
mating connectors together. The matting lock will not be established if
the pins are not fully inserted. If the connectors pull apart without a
little catch, then check for improper pin insertion.

John KN5L