I use the E-MU 0204/USB, and it seems to work fine.
The sample rate should be set to 96000; that gives a panadapter width of about 95 KHz. Because the KX3 I/Q output is lowpass filtered to about 45 KHz it is not possible to get a greater bandwidth than about 90 KHz.

I use quisk on linux (linux mint 13 mate 64 bit). It is a bit of a pita to get setup and working. I was also able to make NaP3 work under windows, but it is also a pita to set up.

The internal soundcard in my computer will only do 48000 samples/sec, and that results in a panadapter width of only about 45 KHz (that's why I use an external 'sound card').

Related: I plan to make a stand-alone panadapter for the KX3, probably using the 'BeagleBone Black'. Contact me off list if you want to help.

glen, KG0T
g...@worstell.com