I have a KX3 but I did not get the key paddle option.  I am thinking of getting
one because I may do some portable work where my current paddle of choice is
just too much of a hassle.

But, I am curious about one thing.  Is the key paddle rugged enough that
carrying the KX3 in a backpack or other carrying bag would not break it or
damage or alter keying action.  Is it better than the KX1 key paddles which I
did have and took them off because they just never felt right -- I could not
get used to them for some bizarre reason.

Thanks.

73, phil, K7PEH