Of course there are few things as personal as paddles. In that regard,
modern CW paddles remind me of personal fountain pens of long, long ago.
But, ignoring the subtle nuances of such personal preferences:

1) The KX3 paddles have levers that actually move, rather than the
pressure-sensitive stationary paddles of the KX1.

2) Even so, the KX3 paddles are *very* rugged with steel pin bearings rather
than tapered pivots with fragile points. You lift the KX3, complete with
internal batteries, by the paddle arms without damaging the paddles or
disturbing the adjustments.

3) Adjustments to the spacing and travel are made by two small Allen
wrenches supplied with the KXPD3 paddles, so if you like to mess with the
adjustments a lot, be sure to take them into the field with you.

73, Ron AC7AC