By coincidence, I am also in the market for such an adapter, and found
something that should work at Jameco:

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2151208_-1

This is a 3A "wall wart", so there should be enough current there to
transmit and charge at the same time if you wanted. If the specifications
are complete, this won't be a super-efficient power supply when nothing is
connected to it (ie, they post no CEC Level), so you'd want to unplug it
when not in use.  If you want something with a higher efficiency guarantee,
they have some "slimline" adapters available with a variety of current
options.  The main thing looks like getting something with a 2.1x5.5
center-positive connector unless I'm mistaken.

Of course being switching power supplies means they could be a little noisy
with a lot of nasty harmonics if they're cheaply made.  I'm not able to
comment on their quality because I haven't tested one out yet.

   Nick / N6OL

On 30 July 2013 09:32, Doug Ellmore Sr. <d...@ellmore.net> wrote:

> I got back from my Aruba vacation Friday.  It included QRPing at the
> beach with the KX3 and buddipole.  Info at www.ellmore.net/na1dx .  It
> was a blast!
>
> One of the things I did to charge my 8xEneloop XX 2500mAh batteries
> was to charge a 7Ah Battery with a small Sears 1 Ah battery charger
> and then use that battery to top off the Eneloops at night.  I also
> operated with teh 7Ah battery and went through the aiport fine.
>
> That worked ok, but it would be nice if I had a small AC/DC power plug
> in to plug into the KX3 while sleeping or away from operating.  I
> guess I could have used the rental car lighter, but didn't have an
> adapter.
>
> Maybe someone could source an appropriate SMALL AC/DC adapter for
> working with the built in charger.
>
> 73 and good DX,
>
> Doug, P40DE, NA1DX

*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it
real. And if you have to lie to support a position, that position is not
worth supporting.