From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Fred Jensen
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 10:35 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] KUSB - non radio question

I need to use my wife's computer in the NAQP CW, mine is in the hospital for
a fan transplant.

How do I get XP to recognize the KUSB [mine is somewhat old, I think it's
Prolific].  I've downloaded both FTDI and Prolific drivers from Elecraft,
they seem to install, but I don't see any "Ports" in the device manager.

I can live with just one port to the radio, I'll key on the DTR/RTS lines
and skip the Winkey.  Just need to find a way to get Windoze to recognize
the port ... any port ... I can make N1MM go there.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2013 Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2013
- www.cqp.org