W3FPR replied to K0ARO, who noticed nasties on transmit when
K2 switches to KPA100:

You could be correct that rectification in the TR switch in the KPA100 is at
fault, BUT that should not take place under normal conditions.

Check the bias voltage to the TR switch (junction of R11 and R12) if it is
lower than 90 volts, that is your problem - trace it back to the origin.  A
non-functioning Q6 or Q7 could also cause similar problems.

The diodes themselves are likely OK unless they have suffered abuse
resulting from some other problem.

What perfect timing - I put my K2 into service after about a year
& it does same thing, as well as now making other undesirable
noises when I plug in SO2R mic switching system that is same
as when K2 was last used - right down to the cable that plugs
into the radio itself or the radio the K2 was to replace.

Hopefully some similarities here - cheers!

73, VR2BrettGraham