----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnb...@net1.ie>
To: "'Mike'" <ve3...@hotmail.com>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Just a thought

<snip>
    Yes I am happy to see my country of birth and citizenship again
producing quality ham radio equipment. It is natural to feel this way but
my dream car is still a Porsche.

                     73 Doug EI2CN

<snip>

Doug,

My dream rig was always a "made in USA" ensemble of some sort. When I decided to become an active ham again, I looked at what was now available and landed in a big vat of Elecraft Kool-Aid. So many choices! I looked at the Flexradio offerings too, but while "interesting" they didn't seem very affordable or as good as (spec wise) the Elecraft KX3. Plus, they just don't have the "look and feel" of an amateur radio. Okay, that pretty much dates me.

I would like to have a K3/100 and all the accessories, but I can't afford that yet. Back in the day it would have been a Collins KWM-2A, but I couldn't afford that either. Maybe by the time I can afford it, Elecraft will be making the KX3/KW (hand-held hot-pocket rocket pumping out 1.5KW PEP). Yeah, riiiiight. You think your cell phone gets hot? Hi hi!

My dream car is a Tesla Sportster. By the time I can afford one of those it will have the Mr. Fusion option.

73 de AC8NS
Hop - an ARRL member again