From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Brian Linn
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 6:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Cc: supp...@elecraft.com
Subject: [Elecraft] RE: KPA500 Power Supply Voltage Test HV = .1 - SOLVED

Much thanks for the replies . issue solved.

One of the replies suggested checking the Interlock switch, which caused me
to wonder if the top cover had to be on the unit before trying this voltage
test . sure enough it does . and now the test has a good result.

The kit instructions (page 43) directed me to the Owner's manual and the
voltage test BEFORE installing the top.

The Owner's manual (page 6 top after fuse installation) directs one to the
"Test the power supply voltage ." section on page 7, still no mention of
installing the top.

And . there's no direction to make sure the top is on the amp in the "Test
the power supply voltage . " section!  I'm getting a good laugh out of this.

But I DO HOPE ELECRAFT WILL UPDATE THE MANUALS or point out to me what I
missed!

Brian KD0HII

Just "finished" building the KPA500 kit and ran the "Test the power supply
voltage." on page 7 of the owner's manual. The result of the HV test is that
the LCD indicates the voltage to be .1, nowhere near the 65-85 indicated as
required.