N7SP etal:

If I may make a suggestion that might make KX3 checkin easier. On other nets that I often check into, the first stations invited to checkin are portable, mobile, and low power stations. That gives those stations a better chance of avoiding being covered up by stronger stations. Not sure if this could be incorporated to the Elecraft-SSB net protocol?

I have checked in with my KX3 sn475 several times and usually I wait till the near the end of the net when the "dust settles" a bit. I do have the advantage of a yagi at 50-feet. I also checked in with my K3/10 sn4340 barefoot many times before I had an amplifier (I have both 120w and 250w amps).

I will try checking in this Sunday with 250w. Past couple weeks prop has not been nice.

73, Ed - KL7UW

Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft SSB Net results, September 8

How can we as a group increase the results of the Sunday SSB net for those of us who have KX3s running barefoot? Only 2 of the 34 checkins on Sunday were KX3s.

Frustrated and disappointed ? but I keep trying ?

Dave, K6WDE located KH7 temporarily ?
KX3, serial number 4599

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com