About 3 weeks ago, I learned about a new "miracle antenna" -  I usually dismiss such nonsense because there *is* no miracle antenna.  However, the person who informed me is a trusted, capable, educated ham and DXpeditioner who is not easily impressed.

I still don't believe in "miracles" but this 2.5 lb, 7 by 4 foot, easy up/easy down, no tools required, easy-to-tune $99 new product by Dale Parfitt [designer of the PAR End FedZ series] offers a realistic alternative to those with severe antenna restrictions, attic installations, SOTA needs, and so on.  It is easily mounted on a Jackite or similar fiberglass pole. Just put it on and slide it down until it's a good friction fit.

The antenna is resonant for a single band ( choose: 20, 17, 15, 12, 10 or 6) and additional matchboxes can be purchased for around $25 each.

I bought the 17 meter version and in two weeks of non-scientific, casual A/B testing against my 44' doublet, the Omni Angle has been equal or better on receive the majority of times and about the same on transmit.  On receive it seems notaby less noisy than my doublet.  It is horizontally polarized.

I don't want to create an antenna controversy here on proper antenna testing techniques -- I seem to have a flair for doing  that -- ;)

But I do want to pass along info on this new product which might be very useful to those of us who have to live with antenna restrictions or who need options for effective portable operations.

Here is a short Youtube video I cobbled together to demonstrate my 17 meter PAR Omni Angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTq4zVAW_w

73, Stan WB2LQF