Look on page 9. The asterisk indicates a valid PA key signal. Underscore indicate INHIBIT.

Joe Hutchens  ( AJ8MH )
http://webpages.charter.net/aj8mh-radio/

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM, W5UXH wrote:

UPS delivered around 4 PM yesterday. Could not completely switch over to the new setup last night, but did it at 5:30AM this morning. It all integrates
and does exactly what it should, really nice features!

My question is very simple and totally unimportant. I notice the LCD has a symbol on the left that I think indicates when the KEY_OUT line from the K3
is asserted.  I would guess that is all it does.  I have not found any
reference to it in the manual and a search of postings does not lead me to
similar queries, but it is not easy to formulate the query.

Can someone enlighten me?

Chuck, W5UXH
(happy camper)