To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Digest, Vol 114, Issue 11

On 10/7/2013 3:44 PM, Neal Enault wrote:

To determine the effects of ambient temperature, one has to do some
not so accurate calculations or refer to a document like MIL-W-5088
which also provides guidance for wire ratings in bundles and at
various altitudes.

In the civilian/industrial world, the (U.S.) National Electrical Code
(NPFA 70) has a whole series of Ampacity tables (that's the term for
"current rating").  I've always used that as my guide.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon