George,

What happens when you transmit into a dummy load?
What happens if you connect the K3 directly to the tuner (remove the amp from the path of coax)?

If my understanding of your setup is correct, the K3 will indicate the SWR it sees into the input of the amp.
OTOH, the amp sees the SWR at the input to the tuner.

It sounds like you may have a problem with the tuner or the amp or the coax between the amp and tuner. You could also have an RF feedback problem that is causing your SWR readings to be crazy.
Some work with an antenna analyzer may be helpful.

73,
Don W3FPR