The one piece left unchecked, (in my mind and I may have missed something here)
is the coax between the KX3 and the tuner.It sure wouldn't be the first time I
got caught with a short piece of coax that failed at the exact "right" time...
can you spell MURPHY???;-)

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy