From: "Don Wilhelm" <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:27:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] PC laptop for K3/KX3 digital modes

I am in the process of upgrading my XP computers to Win7 in anticipation
of the April 2014 "drop dead date". With a home network of 8 computers
and a NAS fileserver, it is not an overnight task. All computers must
talk to each other on the network.

I will end up with a couple of the computers running some version of
Linux to save the cost of additional copies of Win7 OS, and I am glad to
report that after 3 years of aborted attempts, I have finally found a
workable configuration file for Samba that will allow a Linux computer
to work on my home network.

BTW, I have been recommending the use of Spectrogram for the Dial
Calibration and filter alignment of the K2 (and K1), and am happy to
report that it will run just fine under the most recent version of Wine.

73,
Don W3FPR