To: "elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:16 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 + P3 Combo Pelican / Hard Case

I have looked at the archives a little bit, but I haven't quite stumbled on
a short and sweet paragraph or two about this.

Has anyone selected and used a Pelican case to protect and transport a
K3/100 + P3 combo. If so, what case did you choose?

I've been looking at the 15xx (1550) and possibly the iM2500 cases; but
they are quite 'tight' dimensionally. I'm interested in any experiences
people have with:

1) Pelican Cases for a K3/100+P3 combo (I mention /100 because of the fans
hanging back), and/or;
2) Experience with a similar but potentially less expensive option.

I'd like to pack my radio up for the trip to G-land and select a case that
would allow me to take the radio on a DXpedition at some point -- so an
option is to expand the case size to include the power supply, etc.

More than anything - I'm interested in opinions around how much space is
needed to protect the radio, etc.

Thanks
Alan
K2ACK