On a SOTA in Death Valley I noticed something strange. Using a buddistick,
I would touch up the SWR using the KX3 internal tuner. 1:1, ok, now
transmit. The SWR would jump up. It would take a couple of cycles to get it
to calm down again. Now thinking about it, When I first pressed the ATU
tune, I was not holding the rig, it was sitting on the ground. When I
started using the rig I had the head phones on and the paddle on my leg or
the mic in my hand. Likely those two things were affecting my "ground"
Anyone else see this? Now I need to go back out and experiment with it.;)

--
Mike Herr
WA6ARA