Sam;
     Your explanation is really good Sam, but it seems that something doesn't
follow for me.

cut...========================

>Turn on the RIT control (tap the RIT button). Next, lower the RIT
>frequency -20 Hz. (You must have CONFIG:PB CTRL in the config menu set
>to .01 to move in 10 Hz steps). If your pitch is set to 500 Hz, then the
>tone of the CW should now be 480 Hz. Next, turn on the APF by HOLDING
>the DUAL PB button. Adjust the APF using the SHIFT Fc Knob (now APF
>control). Move the APF down -20 Hz to match the CW signal. Once you have
>the signal in the center of the new 480 Hz tone you should hear that the
>CW signal pops up about 5 or 6 dB....
>Ok, I did this, first setting my pitch at 500 Hz, which actually even cut out
>some ringing!  I got the station centered, etc., turned RIT down -20,
>activated APF, but then the problem began.

I am not sure what the "SHIFT Fc Knob" is--if it is just the regular "Shift-Lo"
knob then this doesn't do anything for me when I turn it. Is this the right
knob?  Do I need something turned on in CONFIG for it to work?

I have had my K3 a little more than 1yr., and I sort of remember that MAYBE I
could move the passband once at first, but I my be remembering bad!

Thanks for the help.  73

Scott

AA0AA; XE1/AA0AA