Hi all, and Sam;

>________________________________
>
>Message: 7
>Date:
 Sat, 07 Dec 2013 19:38:20 -0600
>From: Sam Morgan <k5oai....@gmail.com>
>To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
>Subject: Re: [Elecraft] APF
>
>1st of all let me be clear, I was merely quoting from my notes that I
>had copied from a post (or web site?) that Dusty K3WC wrote
>
>that said
>yes it
 was the Shift knob Dusty was speaking of
>calling it the Shift Fc (frequency) knob
>
>when I turn mine it says (in the VFO B window)
>APF *0.48     (my pitch is set for 480hz)
>so I have to turn the Shift knob until I see it say APF 0.46
>meaning it's at 460hz or 20hz below my default pitch of 480hz
>Sam, you are doing fine in explaining, Thanks!  I searched around on my hard
>drive and found the piece that Dusty wrote--I also had downloaded it and saved
>it but I didn't mark where I got it, just his call.

The problem WAS, that using the shift in APF wouldn't move anything (only
showed FC *0.50 in the VFO B window).   I went to Fred's book and found that
Dual PB needed to be set to APF in the CONFIG (mine some how got set to "nor").
 Putting that right has completely changed things!  I had about given up on
using APF but now it works as it should and I feel good!  Thanks for helping me
straighten that out, Sam and Bill, W4ZV.

Now I can get back to trying to get a valid contact with T32RC--I have worked
them 3 times on CW and they have never logged my call correctly even though I
thought they had it.

Thanks all--as always, good help here!

73 and good DX,
Scott  AA0AA;  XE1/AA0AA