Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:00:11 -0500
From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Charlie T, K3ICH" <pin...@erols.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Powerpole Replacement

Charlie,

The PowerWerx crimper is good.  Just be certain to fill the cavity with
wire - for instance the 30 amp connectors are sized for #12 wire - if
the wire is smaller, it may be loose, so in addition to filling the
barrel with as many wire strands as I can, I add some solder for extra
security.

73,
Don W3FPR

73, Ed - KL7UW