On 12/10/2013 8:27 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
Well, I HAVE heard of people going "down" to 10 meters. And 160 meters
didn't get the name "top band" for being down. But it's been a long, long
time since anyone I heard spoke in meters.

Been a ham since '52. Maybe it was my interest in the history of "wireless"
that indoctrinated me.

But I've learned to leave up and down out unless I'm specific about
wavelength or frequency.