From: Fred Jensen<k6...@foothill.net>
Sent: ‎Mon, ‎Dec‎ ‎16‎, ‎2013 at ‎12‎:‎10‎ ‎PM
To:  <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] RTTY in days of old

On 12/16/2013 8:26 AM, Mark Petiford wrote:> I> bought a used pair of small
transistor circuit boards that converted> the audio characters (diddle) to
current loop characters (90ma> current loop???) for RX and TX.60mA loops.
Later, 20mA polar loops became popular, but I don't remember why.  Wonder what
it would be like to work a RTTY contest with a "real teletype?"  Perhaps
similar to:Having inherited an SX-28, I decided to work an NAQP CW retro.  I
found my last 40m ARC-5 and Heath power supply in the basement and fired up
with a J-38.  I lasted 2 hours before I overdosing on nostalgia.  Unlike wine,
36 years in the basement did not mellow the ARC-5's key clicks.  I only got
shocked from the key a couple of times.The only reason the "good old days" are
remembered as "good" is because we had no idea what was coming. :-))73,Fred
K6DGW- Northern California Contest Club- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct
2014-

http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html